Bellabeat Leaf Urban Review: The Smartest Fitness Tracking Jewelry
For women who want a tracking device to assist them in leading a more healthy lifestyle but don’t want the unsightly bulk of a smartwatch on their wrist. The Bellabeat Leaf Urban is the best fitness jewelry on the market.
- Can be worn as a necklace, bracelet or clip
- Menstrual cycle tracking, inactivity reminder and stress sensitivity
- No charging needed, runs on battery for 6 months
- Water resistant (Rating IPX6)
- Missing heart rate monitoring
- No digital display
User Review( votes)
Whoever thought that jewelry would be represented as the women’s next health tracker?
A smart jewelry maker, Bellabeat, made a good addition to the market with their beautiful Bellabeat Leaf Urban. This is a product that doesn’t compromise on style and delivers an effective health tracking system.
Let’s dive into the review for further information on this new trend in fitness tracking.
Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Table of Contents
Build & Design
The Bellabeat Leaf Urban is a large pendant which is worn as a clip, bracelet or necklace.
It is made of an elegant wood composite that is formed into a stone-like frame. It has a leaf-shaped clip attached which is made of stainless steel. A bracelet strap made of genuine leather, a chain and a battery replacement tool also comes along in the box.
For added protection for the fragile internal electronics, all the fundamentals are kept inside the wooden composite with plastic and silicone casings.
Talking about the size of Leaf Urban, it measures 1.85 inches in height, 1.1 inches in width, 0.43 inches in depth and weighs 0.59 ounces (16.5 g). If you wear it using the chain as a pendant, it will feel larger to some extent, on the contrary, if you wish to wear it as a bracelet, it will cover up the width of your wrist.
However, although a little thick, it is perfectly sized for wearing as a clip on your shirt or pants.
This health tracker is available in two colors. One is the Rose Gold Edition and the other one is the Silver Edition.
[Clicking on your desired color will take you to its official page at Amazon]
1. Fitness Tracking: Whether it is steps, distance, calories or active time, the Leaf Urban can take good track them all very accurately. You can set specific goals for different activities and monitor your progress through the given app.
2. Sleep Tracking: One of the most entertaining features of this product is automated sleep tracking. You don’t have to tell the device that you are going to sleep. Just keep it worn any way you are comfortable with and the device itself will do the rest.
3. Stress Sensitivity: Now this fitness tracker can sense how stressed you are. It will take parameters into account like the duration of sleep, the time when you went to sleep, how many steps taken, meditation and exercises. It will predict what your current stress level is and suggest workarounds. In fact, it doesn’t forget the previous day’s activities in the mechanism of interpreting stress levels.
4. Meditation: Are you too tired? You need either meditation or breathing exercises! The Bellabeat Leaf Urban comes with a list of common meditations and breathing exercises and suggests that you do some of them in order to reduce exhaustion. You can set exercise limits by minute goals or number of sessions.
5. Menstrual cycle tracking: You can input your last period date and calculate when your next period and fertile days should be. You can also track your pregnancy days. For that, you have to input the starting day of your pregnancy and the app will calculate weeks and days.
6. Water Resistance: The water-resistant wood composite can handle a splash of water to rain showers. In fact, you do not have to take it off when you are washing dishes or standing in the rain. It has got a water-resistance rating of IPX6. Although it can handle short immersions in water, it is advised that you do not wear it when swimming or diving.
7. Alarm & Break Reminder: You can set up several alarms to alert you at the desired time by vibration. It also does help you to break up long inactive periods like when you are sitting on a couch for hours, you can set a break reminder after a certain period.
Battery & Sync
The Bellabeat Leaf Urban can wirelessly sync with the “Bellabeat App” which is available both on Google Play and Apple Store. The minimum requirement of this app is iPhone 4s or higher, or Android 4.3 or higher.
The device can hold the data from up to the last 14 days so you get enough room to transfer data to your phone. However, sadly, you have to sync Leaf Urban with your phone manually, otherwise, the recorded data will get erased after the period.
The best part of it is that you do not have to charge it. It comes with a removable coin cell battery that can keep the device charged for up to 6 months. You will be given a tool for removing the battery so you can easily buy and change it when it dies.
Does the Bellabeat Leaf Urban Really Help?
If you need a less obvious fitness tracker (more precisely, a piece of jewelry) that looks great but still does all the key jobs that you expect a fitness-tracking smartwatch to do then the Leaf Urban could be just the ticket.
It’s certainly aimed at the women’s market with features like Menstrual Cycle Tracking (Period Tracking), and pregnancy tracking.
It does lack in some sides, for instance, it doesn’t have heart rate monitoring (although, they ruled it out intentionally) and it is missing a display on the device. But compared to other similar smart jewelry, it remains on the top.
Now that you have read the above Bellabeat leaf reviews let’s find out a bit more about Bellabeat leaf urban and answer some frequently asked questions. We hope that the following section helps you with your purchase.
Q: What does a Bellabeat do?
A: Bellabeat has many health-tracking features. It has a sleep tracking feature, menstrual cycle monitor, expert breathing exercises for guided breathing, and more. It is designed to guide you through your health journey and keep your stress levels down.
Q: Does Bellabeat track heart rate?
A: No, it does not. It does not have a heart rate monitor either, which is an important feature for some customers.
Q: How accurate is Bellabeat?
A: Bellabeat Leaf is relatively accurate and reliable. Like every fitness tracker, there are going to be inaccuracies, and some days results will be completely off. In general, you can rely on Bellabeat to give you accurate data, but you wouldn’t want to use it if you are a very serious fitness fanatic.
Q: Does Bellabeat count steps?
A: Yes, Bellabeat tracks steps, and other basic activities. You can use the steps counted to help you understand how many calories you have burnt. This will help you work out a diet plan and complete other important fitness tasks.
Q: How long does Bellabeat battery last?
A: The battery lasts for up to six months. If you use your Bellabeat a lot, the battery could last you a lot less as the battery life depends on how much the item is used.
Q: What are Bellabeat’s top features?
A: This leaf activity tracker has many great features common in other fitness trackers on the market. Here are some of the features we liked the most:
- Water resistance
- Great battery life
- Easy to use
- Menstrual cycle monitoring
Q: What material is Bellabeat made out of?
A: The Bellabeat leaf is made out of special wood composite. It has a hypoallergenic stainless steel clip so that the Bellabeat is appropriate for people with sensitive skin. You can get this leaf-shaped piece of jewelry in rose gold, gold, silver, and other colors so that it will suit your personal style.