A hybrid smartwatch is a blending of features of both a regular mechanical watch and a smartwatch. Its appearance on the outside is that of a normal watch which means there is no touchscreen. On the inside, a hybrid smartwatch offers workout modes, includes GPS connectivity, tracks heart rate and other metrics.
We have reviewed the top 10 best hybrid smartwatches so you can see the advantages and disadvantages and make the right choice that suits you.
|1. Withings Steel HR
|2. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2
|3. Garmin vívomove 3
|4. Fossil Men’s Gen 4 Explorist HR
|5. Willful Smart Watch
|6. Garmin vívomove 3S
|7. TicWatch Pro 4G LTE
|8. Skagen Connected Men’s Holst Titanium Hybrid Smartwatch
|9. 3Plus Callie Hybrid SmartWatch for Women
|10. Fossil Women Neely Stainless Steel and Leather Hybrid Smartwatch
Table of Contents
Our Best Hybrid Smartwatch Reviews and Comparisons
1. Withings Steel HR
This smartwatch’s continuous GPS connection working together with constant monitoring of your heart rate while keeping track of your running time and progress directs the data needed to send to the Health Mate App to show you your vital signs, distance traveled, and route at the end of your workout.
- 30+ workout modes
- Smartwatch tracks 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- Water-resistant up to 50 meters
- Receives smartphone notifications while you are working out
What We Like About Withings Steel HR
It works effortlessly with the Health Mate App along with Body+scales. The device’s ability to pair is easy and instant. This smartwatch is very easy to use. Designed exquisitely and ornate pendulum that is well-devised and executed. There is little need for interaction with the smartwatch for it to function.
What We Don’t Like About Withings Steel HR
Limited to one alarm when multiple alarms and multiple time zone clocks, a reasonable upgrade in these features would be of value. There are too many screens to navigate around when you want to read data summaries. Some trackers have been unreliable and inaccurate.
One cannot easily put on or remove from the wrist due to the appliances.
- Fast pairing and sync with mobile
- Heart rate is spot on
- Great battery life
- Only one repeatable alarm time
- Not easy to navigate between screens
2. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2
The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 is designed to help you understand your health and fitness levels in a better way so you can make better choices to achieve your goals. Galaxy Watch Active2 can be worn everywhere from the gym to the pool to your bed.
- Comfortably polished
- Featherlight to wear
- It comes in aluminum or stainless steel
- Can change to different faces.
What We Like About Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2
It monitors stress levels and offers assistance through the Calm app. The battery lasts for more than 5 days on a single charge. You can get a quick boost from the Galaxy phone.
Watch automatically alerts when it detects a high or a low heart rate. The built-in sleep tracker provides insights on how to get a better night’s sleep. It connects flawlessly via Bluetooth.
What We Don’t Like About Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2
The watch is unable to connect with the cell phone provider. Once the phone battery went dead it would not pair back up with the cell phone.
- Great battery life
- Awesome apps
- Supports Alexa app
- No way to connect it to my cell phone service provider
- Wouldn’t pair back with the phone
3. Garmin vívomove 3
This hybrid smartwatch with its advanced features also has an elegant and sophisticated analog appearance. The hidden touchscreen display responds to your every movement. The display will show you what you want to know only when you need it.
- Strong gorilla glass endures 5 years of wear and tear
- 24/7 monitoring with Pulse Ox
- Battery life lasts up to five days (smart mode) an additional 7 days (watch mode)
- Smart notifications
What We Like About Garmin vívomove 3
Setting up is easy. Easy connectivity and easy to read display. Can modify which screens you want to view and set up the order you prefer. On this smartwatch, you can read the entire email or text.
What We Don’t Like About Garmin vívomove 3
The white text on a silver background is unreadable. The heart rate monitor is unreliable. Inferior internal software module.
- Hybrid smartwatches with refined analog looks
- Hidden touchscreen display responds to movements
- Smartwatch stays connected with text messages, calls, and calendar views from smartphone
- Battery life: 5 days (smart mode) 12 days (watch mode)
- Heart rate, stairs/floor monitor are not accurate
- Sleep duration is off by one hour
4. Fossil Men’s Gen 4 Explorist HR
Choose the elegant or the classy looking smartwatch, regardless of your choice both devices are powered with Wear OS by Google giving you faster access to information. With help from Google Assistant and access to smart health coaching everything is available with a swipe of the finger.
- Untethered GPS
- Customizable Dials
- Google Pay
- Social Watch Faces
What We Like About Fossil Men’s Gen 4 Explorist HR
A choice of elegance and beauty or classic this watch is packed with powerful features. The device wirelessly syncs. Swimproof to 3ATM. Estimated 24-hour battery life (regular mode) 3 day (low-power mode). Convenience of Google Pay contactless payment. Bands are easy to replace.
What We Don’t Like About Fossil Men’s Gen 4 Explorist HR
The battery life is absolutely disappointing. Software updates do not improve the device’s responsiveness.
- NFC payments
- Accurately tracks activities
- Strong vibration for notifications
- Waterproof, able to swim with the device
- Unsatisfactory battery life
- Utilizes the old Qualcomm 2100 Wear processor
5. Willful Smart Watch
The Willful smartwatch won’t let you miss any important notifications or appointments while you are working out. Manually track your heart rate in real-time. A broad spectrum of exercise activities to choose from milder exercises like walking, treadmill, and yoga to more aggressive activities like dynamic cycling, hiking, and mountaineering.
- Accurate fitness tracker
- Connected GPS
- 9 sports modes (walking, running, bicycle, hike, treadmill, yoga, etc.)
- Real-time tracking of heart rate and sleep provides a comprehensive analysis of your heart rate and sleep metrics.
- Waterproof IP68 Rating
- Long-Lasting Battery
What We Like About Willful Smart Watch
Reliably records all-day activities including steps, distance, calories burned, etc. Connecting the GPS with your cell phone will track all your workout routines, distances, and physical status during exercise.
The design of the smartwatch operates under low power utilization which means longer durability. That allows the battery to operate for 7 days of regular use and 30 days standby time.
What We Don’t Like About Willful Smart Watch
After an assessment of this watch and the apps it comes with, it just doesn’t link up to the phone. It doesn’t do all that it’s advertised to do. Does not pair with the phone.
- Step counter and other monitors are pretty accurate
- Easy to download the app
- Easy to pair with phone
- Screen is bright, clear and easy to read
- The fitness tracker is unreliable and inaccurate
- Bluetooth is consistently erratic and unreliable
6. Garmin vívomove 3S
Garmin has manufactured a hybrid smartwatch that incorporates both classical and elegance. The convenience of access to valuable fitness trackers, health and wellness metrics, reliable GPS connectivity and the ability to receive notifications for text messages and other notifications all from your wrist makes your life more manageable.
When accessing the hidden touchscreen the watch hands move out of way to reveal the display.
Enjoy five days of non-stop battery life on a single charge for regular use and 12 days when the device is set up in watch mode.
- Sophisticated Hybrid smartwatches with advanced features
- Hidden responsive touchscreen display
- Smart notifications
- Connects smartphone’s GPS
- Battery life: up to five days in smart mode and an additional week in watch mode (hands tell time only)
What We Like About Garmin vívomove 3S
It is a beautiful watch. The blue leather will absolutely soften over time. The stainless steel and grey watch is splendid. It has no buttons, since you don’t need them. The hands are dainty but readable. As a watch, it’s simply perfect.
What We Don’t Like About Garmin vívomove 3S
The device won’t receive notifications, even after numerous resetting it. Having to re-installing apps, and using all of Garmin’s troubleshooting tips.
- Hybrid smartwatches with analog flair and advanced smartwatch elegance
- The touchscreen display is hidden and reacts to your movements and is only visible when you need it
- Stay connected with smart notifications for incoming calls, text messages, calendar view and more
- Keeps track of your hydration, energy levels, respiration, menstrual cycle, stress, sleep, estimated heart rate.
- The heart rate monitor isn’t accurate at all:
- Stairs/floor counting improved over the previous generation.
- Sleep duration is off one hour compared to Fitbit.
- The mobile app could have been simpler and slicker.
7. TicWatch Pro 4G LTE
What do you get when you combine artificial intelligence with internet-related services? When it is a partnership between Mobvoi and Google you get TicWatch.
TicWatch is the introduction into a world of human-machine intercommunication. Mobvoi brings all the features of a voice-based Artificial Intelligence that works together with Google’s Wear OS and Google Assistant. This amalgamation takes smartwatch technology up to the next level offering you the opportunity to up your game.
- US military standard 810G certified durability
- Knurled stainless-steel bezel
- Corning Gorilla 3 anti-finger print cover glass
- Lightweight silicone strap
What We Like About TicWatch Pro 4G LTE
This smartwatch can be worn while swimming. The Smart Mode will give you 2 days of battery life. The watch will provide up to 5 days if Auto Switch is changed to Essential Mode (LCD display only) is turned on.
What We Don’t Like About TicWatch Pro 4G LTE
The battery has not lasted longer than 3-4 hours. There are syncing issues with the paired phone. The screen is difficult to view in direct sunlight.
- Solid cellular connectivity
- Smart sleep tracking
- Long battery life
- Battery issues
- Will not sync with phone
8. Skagen Connected Men’s Holst Titanium Hybrid Smartwatch
Skagen offers the combination of classic watch look with smartwatch functions. A low maintenance watch with a battery that does not need recharging for half a year at a time. All the features you seek in a smartwatch that can be worn with any fashion for any occasion.
- Receives notifications
- Activity tracking and sleep monitoring
- Custom goal setting
- Automatic time zone updates
What We Like About Skagen Connected Men’s Holst Titanium Hybrid Smartwatch
Programmable and customizable 3-button controller. The titanium feels like steel but weighs like plastic. The thinner band is suitably comfortable for small wrists. Users appreciate the minimalist and sophisticated appearance of the watch. Meets your needs for functionality if they are simple.
What We Don’t Like About Skagen Connected Men’s Holst Titanium Hybrid Smartwatch
Notifications are not reliably picked up by this watch. Users report not feeling the vibration even when at “high.” When the watch vibrates for an incoming call, it will vibrate once instead of constantly vibrating until the call is answered.
Some find the watch too thick for their wrist. At night the time cannot be read in the dark.
- A single charge gives 6 months battery life based on usage
- Water-resistant to 100ft (30m)
- Flawless Bluetooth connectivity.
- Interchangeable with all Skagen 20mm bands
- Low vibration that can easily be missed
- Doesn’t sync
9. 3Plus Callie Hybrid SmartWatch for Women
The 3Plus Callie is a new line of Hybrid smartwatches designed for active women who want a smartwatch to assist them to maximize their workouts and after the gym still have a watch that looks great throughout the day, everyday.
- The screen displays mechanical watch hands sitting on top of a colorful smart touch screen
- Daily monitoring, tracking and displaying reliable records of metrics to guide in making correct fitness and health choices
- Notifications include text messages, social media, calendar alerts, incoming and missed call alerts to keep on top of everything going on throughout the day
- 3 ATM water resistance
- Magnetic charging
What We Like About 3Plus Callie Hybrid SmartWatch for Women
It is easy to set up this watch/fitness tracker. The watch is not only beautiful and stylish in appearance it is also comfortable to wear at the gym and asleep. It looks like a normal watch when the screen is not active; no one knows it accurately tracks like a smartwatch.
The long battery life is at least 2 weeks on a single charge. There are a lot of screen design choices including uploading your own photos.
What We Don’t Like About 3Plus Callie Hybrid SmartWatch for Women
The watch and app never stays connected. The touch screen is not responsive to a single tap or swipe. It requires several taps/swipes before it responds. There seems to be no way to view via the app the previous days of activity.
- Looks like a normal watch
- 2 week battery life on a single charge
- Reliable trackers
- Touch screen is none responsive
- Connectivity and sync issues
10. Fossil Women Neely Stainless Steel and Leather Hybrid Smartwatch
All the features you want in a smartwatch while looking like a regular watch. Track your activity, listen to music during your workouts and other times in the day, keep track of your messages as you receive notifications on this hybrid. All of this activity and there is no battery drain because there is no need for charging.
- Smartphone notifications
- Activity tracking and sleep monitoring
- Programmable buttons
- Automatically adjust to time zone changes
What We Like About Fossil Women Neely Stainless Steel and Leather Hybrid Smartwatch
Ability to program functions that you prefer for when it comes to activity, music controller, etc. The ‘Ring your Phone’ makes it possible to find your watch should it get misplaced. The battery lasts a long time and buying a new one is much cheaper than other smartwatch batteries.
What We Don’t Like About Fossil Women Neely Stainless Steel and Leather Hybrid Smartwatch
Steps data does not export. Syncing is erratic so that data does not consistently transfer to Google Fit app, with a 6-hour lag.
- Water-resistant to 30 meters
- Aesthetically beautiful
- Can program settings as desired
- Very long battery life
- Erratic sync and connection
- Lag time for data to transfer to Google Fit
The 3Plus Callie hybrid smartwatch, in my opinion, is the best buy for women. It’s an affordable smartwatch, easy setup. And of course, it’s very pretty, which for women is an important factor.
For the gentlemen, I believe Skagen Connected is the smartwatch of choice. It is rugged and has many features and conveniences that make it a great purchase.