Wearing a fitness wristband is a fantastic way of assessing what you are doing right in your fitness journey, and what needs a bit of improvement. Fitbit and Samsung are household names that never fail to deliver high-quality gadgets. The million-dollar question here is which of the two fitness bands stand out?
We will be looking at each of their features and judging which one is the best and more useful. Many of their features are the same, but there are a couple of differences in features and standards.
Table of Contents
Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate + Fitness Wristband
- Automatic Fitness Tracking
- Without even thinking about it or noticing, data is being collected tracking your fitness levels, including your heart rate and how many calories you are burning at any given time. All of this information is tracked automatically by the Charge 2.
- Heart Rate Zoning
- Did you know that there is an optimal heart rate for every fitness goal? For example, your cardio heart rate will be different to your fat burning heart rate.
- Everybody’s heart rate differs and the fitness goal-related heart rates differ from person to person. The Charge 2 works out what is right for you.
- Battery Life
It will only take your fitness band about an hour or so to fully charge. A full battery will provide you with up to 5 days of use.
- Maximum Altitude and Temperature
Your Fitbit wristband will work in temperatures up to a whopping 113 degrees Fahrenheit and at altitudes of 30,000 feet. You might wonder why this information is so important. Knowing the conditions it withstands will aid you to use it within the best possible conditions.
- GPS Route Mapping
Workouts aren’t just done in the gym where you can see the kilometers covered on the treadmill or CrossFit machine. During your outdoor exercises, the Fitbit maps out the route you ran and calculates the calories you burnt. So that after each workout you can evaluate your performance.
- Silent Alarm
Being woken up by a gentle vibration is that much more effective than a loud and disorderly alarm clock. Starting the day off right will also put you in a more positive frame of mind.
- Mobile Syncing
Whenever your mobile phone and Fitbit are in close proximity, the Fitbit sends your activity data to your phone where you can see it in more detail. Once the Fitbit has been linked up with your phone once, it will happen automatically when Bluetooth is turned on.
- The straps are interchangeable. Go for a different color depending on your mood
- Great at heart rate monitoring and is extremely accurate and reliable
- The Fitbit Charge 2 calculates and awards you with a fitness level and makes progress evaluation that much easier.
- Fitbit coach gives you exercise ideas
- The screen is hard to see in very bright lights, so if you’re out for a run and want to check up on how you are doing, you may not be able to see a thing.
- If you are in the middle of a workout with the Fitbit coach, you won’t be able to pause mid-session meaning that any data collected during the exercise isn’t accurate if you stopped.
Samsung Gear Fit 2 Fitness Wristband
The following are some of the features the Gear Fit offers.
- Fitness Widget
- Use the fitness widget to switch between apps.
- Maped Running Routes
- Just like the Fitbit Charge 2, Your Samsung Gear Fit 2 will show you a map of where you ran and all the fitness data that goes with it. The GPS on the Gear Fit 2 is extremely advanced.
- Battery Life
- Typically you will get around 3 days worth of battery life. However, if you keep it on low power mode it will last up to 5 days without being charged.
- Mobile Phone Compatibility
- Although this is a Samsung product, you will be able to sync both Android and IOS smartphones to the fitness band. The band syncs automatically after the first pairing with Bluetooth.
- Performance Monitoring
- Heart rate monitoring and calories burnt during a workout and while resting are all tracked automatically.
- Music Storage
- The Samsung Gear Fit 2 allows you to directly store music and listen to your favorite tunes using Bluetooth headphones
- Has a large, color screen
- Very easy to navigate
- Can listen to music through the device
- Compatible with Android and IOS phones
- Short battery life of only 3 days
- A little bulky for people with small wrists
Winner – Fitbit Charge 2
The winner is the Fitbit Charge 2. I feel like features are more user friendly and in-depth than the Samsung Gear Fit 2.
The Gear Fit 2 is also a little more awkward looking aesthetically and is obviously a fitness tracker due to its very large screen. The Charge 2 is something that can be worn to work or with your jeans and not stick out like a sore thumb.
You will enjoy the Gear Fit 2 much more during outdoor activities due to its slightly better GPS system. If your fitness activities focus more on outdoor cycling or running, the features on the Fitbit Charge 2 will give you more than what you are looking for.
Your Fitbit Charge 2 is an all-rounder and gives you high quality and consistent accuracy throughout all of its features.