Your average smartwatch doesn’t usually last more than 1-2 days. Even the most popular watches on the market by Apple and Samsung struggle with battery life.
Thankfully, if you dig a little deeper there are a wealth of impressively powered smartwatches out there just waiting to be discovered. And it’s not just battery power where they excel either. These watches are jam-packed with awesome features too.
In this guide, we list our favorites. These are the smartwatches that last longer than any others. The ones that are carefully crafted to eke out every last drop of life from their batteries so that you don’t have to worry about the next charge.
Our research has narrowed down the competition to the following eleven devices. These are the smartwatches with the best battery life right now.
Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Other Posts in the “Best” Series:
- 11 Best Standalone Smartwatch With Sim Card You Need to Check
- 11 Best GPS Watches for Kids to Safeguard Their Movement
- 5 Best Waterproof Smartwatches
Table of Contents
Smartwatch Batteries are Weak!
The fact is, no feature-packed smartwatch is going to last for weeks if you use all the features non-stop. Smartwatch batteries are not very different from your smartphone’s.
Some companies may say their smartwatch will go two or three weeks on a single charge, however, there is a “but” assigned. Most of them will add a condition that you have to use disable battery-sapping features like heart rate monitoring in order to preserve the maximum battery life.
There are “Hybrid” smartwatches that do this job better than most. Some of these watches can hold their charge for a full year or even never have to be charged at all! The “but” behind this is that these hybrid smartwatches are more similar to classic watches with added smart features at the core. Many of them don’t even have digital screens to show stats or texts.
But, it’s not all bad news!
Let’s begin with our list of watches with an exceptionally long battery life. These are the top-performing smartwatches and hybrids when it comes to preserving battery and prolonging the time between charges. Some of them don’t even need to be charged at all! Well, at least not in the way you would expect.
|1. Garmin Vivoactive 3||Check Price|
|2. Garmin Vivoactive||Check Price|
|3. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3||Check Price|
|4. Pebble Time Steel||Check Price|
|5. Fitbit Versa 3||Check Price|
|6. Fossil Women’s Monroe Hybrid Smartwatch||Check Price|
|7. 4G Smart Watch||Check Price|
|8. Kronaby Apex Connected Movement||Check Price|
|9. Fitbit Sense Advanced Smartwatch||Check Price|
|10. TicWatch Pro Bluetooth Smartwatch||Check Price|
|11. Amazfit GTS 2 Mini Fitness Smart Watch||Check Price|
Normal Smartwatches With Long Battery Life
These models are the regular smartwatches that have activity/fitness tracking features and GPS to name just a couple of the numerous perks.
The second part of our guide deals with the hybrid watches, which are bigger on battery but less so on features.
For the real show stoppers, you’ll want to read to the end of the list!
1. Garmin Vivoactive 3 – Up to 7 Days
It’s primarily a fitness watch and comes with 15 preloaded sports and GPS apps. Further apps can be chosen and downloaded from the Connect IQ Store along with watch faces and widgets.
It also has the ability to display smart notifications and automatically upload activity stats to Garmin Connect and Livetrack when it’s paired with a smartphone
It’s an elegant smartwatch with excellent battery life but it’s also well put together to last bumps and bruises too. The case is made from a fiber reinforced polymer and the cover is hardy stainless steel.
Oh, one more thing! Ever get annoyed with carrying your wallet around when exercising? Still don’t trust contactless payments with cards because they can be dropped, lost, or stolen easily? The Garmin Vivoactive 3 uses Garmin Pay contactless payment system so you can make payments with your wrist. This is an awesome feature that allows you to leave your money at home.
- Contactless payment system
- GPS tracking
- Built-in heart rate monitor
- VO2 max fitness level
- 5 ATM water resistance (50 meters depth for 10 mins)
- 7-day battery life
- Thousands of downloadable apps, faces, and widgets available
11 Exceptional Smartwatches With Extremely Long Battery Life Video
Supported OS: Android, iOS, Windows Phone
2. Garmin Vivoactive- Up to 21 Days
It notifies you for calls, SMS messages, e-mails and calendar entries, plus notifications from mobile apps and social media. This smartwatch features built-in sports apps to track running, biking, swimming, golfing and walking.
The Garmin Vivoactive also has a set of custom watch faces and apps which are available for downloading at Garmin’s Connect IQ Store.
Even with all these full-fledged, energy sapping features of a smartwatch and fitness tracker, the Garmin Vivoactive offers a very good battery life. It can go up to 21 days in one charge with your GPS turned off. The GPS is only engaged when tracking exercise like runs so it’s not in use very often.
- Supports heart rate monitoring with chest strap
- Built-in GPS for running, cycling, swimming, and activity tracking
- Alerts for calls, SMS, e-mail, and calendar reminder
- Social media and other mobile app notifications
- More than 1,300 downloadable apps, watch faces and widgets
3. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
You can choose from different colors, different finishes, and different styles, as well as many different watch, faces. The watch is water-resistant and allows you to text, stream music, call people, and view notifications.
The battery is reasonably good and should last over a day when fully charged, and it also has the option to boost it from a Galaxy phone (assuming that it is compatible). The watch offers the ability to track seven popular fitness activities, has some built-in run coaching, and provides a sleep tracker.
If you’re feeling stressed, the watch also has some breathing guides and the Samsung Health Monitor app, as well as payment options so you can leave your wallet at home, and voice functionality to read your texts aloud when you’re on the go.
- Tracking for popular fitness activities
- Breathing guides and stress monitoring
- Sleep tracker
- Lasting battery of a day or more
- Health Monitor app
- Payment app
- Voice functionality
- Choice of colors
- Music streaming
- Great options for measuring your health and mental well-being, making you happier and healthier
- No need to keep charging constantly, especially with the option to occasionally boost from your phone
- Not compatible with iPhones
- No removable sim card
- No GPS
4. Pebble Time Steel – Up to 10 Days
The Pebble Time Steel has a marine grade stainless steel chassis and a genuine Italian leather band strap, giving it a really stylish look and robust build quality.
It includes “Pebble Health” which is the built-in activity and sleep tracker. It appears on the timeline with daily or weekly graphs of stats to show how much progress you’re making.
Alongside that, Time Steel has support for a calendar, events, call, and notifications, facilitated with a built-in microphone for quick replies in apps including SMS, Gmail, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and so on.
The Pebble App Store offers thousands of beautiful watch faces, plus thousands of apps for every possible purpose you can think of.
With all those features and some more stashed inside it, the Pebble Time Steel will have your back for more than a week on a single charge, and as long as 10 days in light use.
- Pebble Health: Built-in activity and sleep tracker
- Thousands of watch faces and app at Pebble Appstore
- Built-in microphone for quick replies in apps
- Calendar, calls, music playback, notifications
- Water resistant up to 30 meters
5. Fitbit Versa 3
You can also see your Health Metrics, including blood oxygen levels at night so you can better track any changes in your health and wellness.
The watch offers a range of alarms and reminder features, and has the ability to connect to and control smart home devices via voice commands. This makes your home easily controllable by something that you always have to hand – no more searching for your phone just to turn something on or off.
With other features such as hands-free Bluetooth calling and a great music player, the watch is a good option, particularly with its amazing six+ day battery life, depending on the use. However, it isn’t compatible with texting to iPhones, only Androids, and it doesn’t have fall detection, which is disappointing for a sports watch.
- Health measuring and sophisticated workout value calculation software
- Alarms and reminders
- Connectivity with smart home devices
- Voice control
- Six day battery life
- Great options for keeping up with and better understanding your fitness so you can set appropriate fitness goals going forward
- Good ability to control other devices with the touch of a button you always have to hand
- The voice control is great if you’re working out and don’t want to stop to fiddle with electronics
- Semi-compatibility with iPhones, not sufficient for many users
- No fall detection
- Can add your own music to the watch
6. Fossil Women’s Monroe Hybrid Smartwatch
The watch can last a full two weeks with just one charge in some circumstances and comes with a magnetic USB charger. It is capable of measuring your activity levels, your sleep, and your heart rate, giving you in-depth information about your fitness.
You can also view your smartphone notifications, and have the watch display them in a stylish, sophisticated font beneath the timepiece. Control your music, check your commute time, plan your activity based on a great understanding of your current fitness, and use your watch to call your phone when you have misplaced it.
You can even set a second-time zone for those days when you need to keep up with family in another place; just keep an eye on their clock and you’ll never find yourself checking Google for the local time again.
- Water-resistant up to 100 ft
- Activity tracking
- Sleep tracking
- Secondary clock
- Music control and phone alert functions
- Interchangeable watch straps
- Beautiful design that looks just like an ordinary watch
- Range of functions, including the ability to view smartphone notifications
- Permanently visible clock with mechanical hands
- Calendar and weather updates at the touch of a button, perfect for keeping track of things without having to pick up your phone
- No ability to respond to notifications
- No alarm function
- Short range between watch and phone
7. 4G Smart Watch
It also has a heart rate sensor and monitor, giving you a reading on your heart rate no matter what you are doing. You can make video calls and take pictures using its 5MP camera.
Inserting a sim card into the watch lets you use it as a phone, or it can be linked up with your own phone to create a more portable and convenient wearable version. Whichever you do, you’ll also enjoy GPS, and you can pair the watch with a Bluetooth keyboard for easy typing and response to messages.
Essentially, this watch can serve as either a smartwatch paired with a phone or a phone in its own right. However, it does have limited RAM and may not serve as a like-for-like replacement for a phone, as its functionality is somewhat limited and some apps don’t work.
- Sim to make the watch function independently of a phone
- 5MP camera
- Video calling available
- Heart rate monitor
- Bluetooth capacity
- Great alternative to taking your phone or tablet with you while on the go
- Reasonable quality camera for grabbing pictures
- Can be paired with Bluetooth devices easily and readily
- Easy to load apps onto and massively expanded functionality
- May need charging regularly
- Bulkier than other watches
Hybrid Smartwatches With Long Battery Life
These watches retain the classic analog timekeeping and watch face, but are enhanced by some features of the modern-day smartwatch. These pieces are big on battery but not quite as feature packed as the fully fledged smartwatch.
8. Kronaby Apex Connected Movement – Up to 2 Years
This smartwatch has built-in activity tracking features for counting steps and setting up goals. In addition, it also has an SOS alert for sending messages to pre-selected contacts and Geotags for tagging locations.
A cool thing about this watch is that it has filtered notification support. You can segregate which notification you want to get notified for in your wrist with a mild vibration and which one you don’t. Besides this, it also has useful remote features like a camera shutter control, music control, a find your phone feature, an inactivity alert and more.
The battery that comes with a Kronaby watch is a standard watch battery but in the hands of Kronaby, it can last up to 2 years depending on your usage. When the battery is dead, you can simply open up the back and replace it with a new one.
There are total 4 models of Kronaby Connected watch (1) Apex (2) Carat (3) Nord (4) Sekel and each of these models are available in 5-10 different colors and designs. These watches are a must for the fashionable people out there!
- Automatic time and date update wherever you go
- Activity tracking with Apple Health and Google Fit integration
- Filtered notification for people, apps and functions
- Music control, camera shutter control, find a phone
- Silent alarm, timer, inactivity alert, reject call
- Replaceable battery that lasts up to 2 years
9. Fitbit Sense Advanced Smartwatch
The watch tracks your blood oxygen levels and notifies you of any abnormalities in your heart rate. It includes GPS, allowing you to record your exercise and understand how far you have run, and provides Bluetooth hands-free calling if your phone is within range.
With around six days of battery life, the ability to set reminders, and the option to control smart home devices, you’ve got pretty much everything you could need rolled into this watch.
- Heart monitor tracking
- Temperature monitoring
- Blood oxygen level monitoring
- Bluetooth calling
- Good battery life of six days
- Alarm and reminder features
- Superb for tracking many different aspects of your health and wellness, ideal if you’re a fitness enthusiast
- GPS option, although be aware that this reduces the battery life considerably
- Ability to make calls from the watch
- Difficult to use and hard to get sensor information to display
- Buttons sometimes push unintentionally due to awkward placement
- Poor reviews about functionality of the sensors
10. TicWatch Pro Bluetooth Smartwatch
With excellent sunlight visibility and the option to view important health information such as your heart rate, this is a useful watch. It can be connected to a myriad of apps through the Google Play store, giving you enormous flexibility.
The watch also features GPS, a step counter, a calories burnt counter, and a heart rate monitor. You can pay for things via Google Pay, and stream music directly so you can listen while you exercise.
With a slick design and stylish leather straps, the watch is made to look beautiful as well as make your life easier. You can also call and text Android phones.
- Call and text functionality
- Normal watch mode and smartwatch mode
- Use of apps
- Sleep tracking
- Google Assistant
- Good options to extend the battery life and keep using it as a normal watch too
- Access to apps
- Access to texts and calls, just like a smartphone
- Great sunlight visibility so good for use outdoors
- Not compatible with iPhones
- Battery life not significantly better than other smartwatches when using smart features
11. Amazfit GTS 2 Mini Fitness Smart Watch
Alexa is built-in, allowing you to control a multitude of functions with your voice, including requesting weather information, controlling other devices, setting alarms, creating lists, and getting translations. All of these things make the watch a highly versatile gadget with superb ease of use.
You can control the music on your phone, request notifications about the information it collects, and generate reports based on this data.
The watch also tracks heart health, sleep quality, napping, and breathing quality. It responds to stress levels and offers stress reduction techniques. Furthermore, it has a vast amount of sports modes, meaning it’s great for a wide range of athletes. With over seventy sports to choose from, you can do almost anything and this watch can keep up.
- 5 ATM water resistance
- Music control
- Health and fitness reports and notifications
- Stress monitoring
- Sleep monitoring
- Do not disturb feature
- Excellent 14-day battery life
- Ideal for athletes looking for more information about their bodies
- App notifications so you can leave your phone behind
- Rarely need to charge the watch
- Voice recognition makes it easy to use Alexa for everything, perfect when working out
- Notifications don’t tell you which app they come from
- No option to make phone calls
- No payment options
The Bottom Line
We can’t tell you which watch is the best. We can only present you with the facts and state which one WE prefer.
So let’s recap what we covered in this guide. Which are the best smartwatches for battery life?
First of all, you have two general options. Choose whether you need a normal smartwatch or a hybrid smartwatch.
- Normal: A digital display based watch that has many smart features but lower battery life.
- Hybrid: Basically an analog classic watch with no or limited digital display that has comparatively lesser features but longer battery life.
So which are the longest battery life smartwatches in each category?
- Normal: Garmin Vivoactive 3 (Best for all-round features)
- Hybrid: TicWatch Pro – Long Battery Life, a sleek design with smart features!
So which is the best smartwatch with the longest battery life in your opinion and why? Let us know down below!
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook or join our mailing list to stay in the loop about all the latest wearable technology.