Time to review another product, and this time, it is Striiv Fusion Bio 2.
Many people are fan of simple things. I try to find the simplest in everything. This is where this product places.
Fusion Bio 2 activity tracker is not an exception to it. This band gives you all the standard activity tracking features, plus a few extra features, in its slick and simple design.
Go ahead and check the specs. You are going to explore a fine product and that is affordable too.
Design & Built
It looks a lot like a rubber band having a small tracking device placed on the top.
The band and the tracking module are detachable. In the box, it comes with 3 interchangeable elastic polymer bands (Black, Blue, Purple), 3 plastic clasps and a durable plastic-made tracking module. If you are a fashion person, you can quick swap bands and clasps to meet your color.
The band is comfortable and it will fit in most sizes of wrists. The module fits well in it but the clasp needs some push to get into the holes. Except that, this is nothing other than a simple looking fitness band.
The screen is as small as fitting your thumb in it. It has OLED display technology which doesn’t use any backlight but gives a good display in both low and high light.
Striiv Fusion Bio 2 works simply by tapping and sliding from left to right. If you tap twice, the device will light up.
Features It Has
- Continuous Heart Rate Monitoring: When you do jogging, cycling or any other activity, you can monitor your heart rate without any interruption. The best example is HIIT cardio. If you do HIIT cardio exercises, you can monitor how well you are hitting the heart rate continuously.
- Activity Tracking: It can track how many steps you walked, how long distance you ran and how much calories you burned.
- Sleep Tracking: It comes with sleep tracking feature, although you have to start it every time before you go to sleep manually.
- Journaling: “Did you take your medication?” this type of habit can be journaled. This is the most amazing feature of this product. You can log and journal your daily habits like Diet, Weight, Medication, Hydration etc. directly on the band screen.
- Caller ID & Text Alerts: The device peeps up when you are getting a call on your phone and you can read a limited amount of your text messages on the smart band.
- App Notification: You can get notified when you have a new notification on your phone app.
- Alarm and Reminder: You can set preferred alarms and reminders and the device will nudge you without disturbing others.
- Support: It works flawlessly with Android 4.4+, Apple 8.1+ and any standard phone supporting Bluetooth 4.0.
Battery & Charging
I will call it another big advantage because Striiv Fusion Bio 2 has good battery backup.
The lithium-ion battery in it can go up to 5 days on a single charge. Sometimes depending on your usage, it can hold the charge for a week.
The surprising fact is that this device can keep you covered for a whole month with the heart rate monitoring disabled!
You can charge it with micro-USB cable that comes in the box or you can use any charge or doc that has the micro-USB jack. It takes 2 hours to be fully charged.
Why Striiv Fusion Bio 2 is Better than Fusion Bio
As the name says, this is the 2nd generation (latest) of the Fusion Bio. In some places like Amazon, Best Buy, it is still up for sale.
To help you not to be confused, Fusion Bio was on the market for a long time, but Fusion Bio 2 made only a few months till date. So if you see hundreds of reviews on the first one, but only twenty or thirty on the latest, it doesn’t ideally indicate that you should stay with the first version.
You better stick to your decision, because the latest one has something new to offer!
The new Striiv Fusion Bio 2 has activity logging and journaling option, and you can directly log your activities into it without needing your smartphone. The other one doesn’t have the logging feature.
This feature will be advantageous for many fitness lovers. It allows logging healthy habits like diet, medication, hydration, weight etc.
Why You Should Take Fusion Bio 2 Over Fusion 2 and Fusion Lite
However, the Fusion Bio 2 seems to win over them if you look at the comparison chart.
The price difference in between them is not very significant. So you shouldn’t waste your time looking into those models anymore.
Editor’s Suggestion: Good Alternative to Fitbit
What I can say about it is, if you are limited to a budget and need a good fitness tracker that works as good as Fitbit, Striiv Fusion Bio 2 is the best option.
It is simple, durable and works in different conditions which do make it a long-lasting companion for your daily life. Some extra features like journaling habits, extended charge backup are making it even a better choice. Get it at the lowest price from Amazon here!
How does it appeal you? If you have the time, input your opinion in comments.