Striiv Fusion Bio 2 Review: Simple But Likeable Activity Tracker
It’s a great alternative to the Fitbit activity trackers that doesn’t break the bank. The Fusion Bio 2 has excellent battery life and heart rate monitoring at a very reasonable price.
- Logging and journaling habits
- Battery backup up to 30 days on certain configuration
- Water resistant (IPX4)
- Manual sleep tracking
User Review( votes)
Time to review another product, and this time, it is the Striiv Fusion Bio 2.
Many people are a fan of simple things. I try to find the simplest in everything. This is exactly where this watch shines.
This band gives you all the standard activity-tracking features, plus a few extra features, in a slick and simple design.
Go ahead and check the specs. You are going to learn about solid sports tracker that is affordable too.
Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Design & Build
It looks a lot like a rubber band with a small tracking device placed on the top. It’s very basic looking but don’t let its exterior deceive you.
The band and the tracking module are detachable. In the box, it comes with 3 interchangeable elastic polymer bands (black, blue, purple), 3 plastic clasps and a durable plastic-made tracking module. If you are a fashionable person, you can quick-swap bands and clasps to match your outfit.
The band is comfortable and it will fit most sizes of wrists. The module fits well in it but the clasp needs some push to get into the holes. Other than that, this is nothing other than a simple looking fitness band.
The screen is small and isn’t anything like as detailed as something like an Apple watch. It has OLED display technology which doesn’t use any backlight but gives a good display in both low and bright light.
The Striiv Fusion Bio 2 works simply by tapping and sliding from left to right. If you tap twice, the device will light up.
Features It Has
- Continuous Heart Rate Monitoring: When you go jogging, cycling or do any other activity, you can monitor your heart rate without any interruption. The best example is HIIT cardio. If you do HIIT cardio exercises, you can monitor how well you are hitting the desired heart rate continuously.
- Activity Tracking: It can track how many steps you walked, the distance you ran and how many calories you burned.
- Sleep Tracking: It comes with a sleep tracking feature, although you have to manually start it every time before you go to sleep.
- Journaling: “Did you take your medication?” this type of habit can be journaled. This is the most amazing feature of this product. You can log and journal your daily habits like Diet, Weight, Medication, Hydration etc. directly on the band screen.
- Caller ID & Text Alerts: The device beeps when you are getting a call on your phone and you can read a limited amount of your text messages on the smart band.
- App Notification: You can get notified when you have a new notification on your phone app.
- Alarm and Reminder: You can set preferred alarms and reminders and the device will nudge you without disturbing others.
- Support: It works flawlessly with Android 4.4+, Apple 8.1+ and any standard phone supporting Bluetooth 4.0.
Battery & Charging
I will call it another big advantage because the Striiv Fusion Bio 2 has really good battery life.
The lithium-ion battery in it can go up to 5 days on a single charge. Sometimes depending on your usage, it can hold the charge for a week.
The surprising fact is that this device can keep you covered for a whole month with the heart rate monitoring disabled!
You can charge it with micro-USB cable that comes in the box or you can use any charge or dock that has the micro-USB jack. It takes 2 hours to be fully charged.
Why the Striiv Fusion Bio 2 is Better than its Predecessor
As the name says, this is the 2nd generation (latest) of the Fusion Bio. In some places like Amazon and Best Buy, the original is still up for sale.
To clear any confusion, the Fusion Bio was on the market for a long time. So if you see hundreds of reviews of the first one, but only twenty or thirty on the latest, it doesn’t ideally indicate that you should stay with the first version.
The 2nd iteration (which we have reviewed today) is definitely the one to go for. There are big improvements across the board.
The new Striiv Fusion Bio 2 has an activity logging and journaling option, and you can directly log your activities into it without needing your smartphone. The other one doesn’t have the logging feature.
This feature will be advantageous for many fitness lovers. It allows logging healthy habits like diet, medication, hydration, and weight.
Why You Should Take the Fusion Bio 2 Over the Fusion 2 & Fusion Lite
Striiv has some other bands that are not bad. If you did some research before, you could have landed on their Fusion 2 and Fusion Lite.
However, the Fusion Bio 2 is the clear winner if you look at the comparison chart.
The price difference between them is not very significant. So you shouldn’t waste your time looking into those models anymore.
A Great Alternative to Fitbit
If you have a limited budget and need a good fitness tracker that works as good as Fitbit, the Striiv Fusion Bio 2 is the best option.
It is simple, durable and reliable. Some extra features like journaling habits and the extended charge backup make it a great alternative to the popular Fitbit series.
Do you own this watch? Let us know down in the comments section about your experience. We’d love to know about the good and the bad!