Ticwatch Review 2021: Unique Ticwear OS Powered Smartwatch
If you are looking for a sleek and stylish smartwatch that doesn’t compromise on features the Ticwatch 2 could be worth a look. It has some really clever features but also some notable flaws.
- Built-in GPS and Heart Rate
- Music on device with its own storage
- Tickle – innovative side touchpad
- No sleep monitoring
- Hard to see the screen in bright sunlight
User Review( votes)
Are you bored looking at normal smartwatches or Android wearables? Ticwatch 2 has lots of new things to offer.
There are plenty of watches of average looking watches around that follow the same design rules and offer the same features.
But, there is always a great demand for unique products and the price of them can be significantly higher.
The Ticwatch 2 has a set of features that present a unique user experience, but it doesn’t come with that undesirable price tag that so many have.
With a Tickle side touch strip, Ticwear OS, voice interaction and more never before seen features that make this watch stand out from a very normal crowd.
Check out the rest of our Ticwatch 2 review to see what else sets this unusual watch apart.
Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Table of Contents
Ticwatch 2 Design & Hardware
Design-wise there are a few features that give this watch a unique style.
It has a round face with an excellent screen to body ratio. The 1.4-inch OLED display of 400 x 400 pixels and 297 PPI provides a sharp and vibrant color which is better than other smartwatches in this price range.
Although the screen is a fully capacitive touchscreen, the biggest highlight of this smartwatch is “Tickle”.
It is basically a touch strip on the side that can be used to scroll up/down or zoom in/out quickly and more innovatively. It’s a really clever design feature that makes navigating menus that bit quicker and easier.
The hardware of this watch is top-class and capable of doing large tasks without stalling.
Its operating system, Ticwear 2, is powered by a 1.2 GHz Dual-Core ARM Cortex-A7 processor and by 512MB of Mobile LPDDR3 SDRAM. It’s quite a powerful little operator that is more powerful than computers were just 10 years ago!
The Ticwatch 2 comes in two color variants at the standard price (Charcoal Black and Snow White), but there are two other variants (Onyx Black and Oak Brown), that will give a more classy look for hundred extra bucks.
[Clicking on images below will take you to the exact variant in Amazon store]
Ticwatch 2 Review – Features
1. Built-in GPS: You can set your route and go for a jog using the built-in GPS system in this watch. Many activity tracking apps are associated with this GPS system to provide better tracking of data. It also works in conjunction with a heart rate sensor and pedometer to provide more GPS based information.
2. Independent Activity Tracking: You cannot bring your phone everywhere, especially when you are running or doing activities. This smartwatch records activity tracking data on its own memory so you can leave your phone at home next time. It precisely tracks distance, steps, calories, speed and some more.
3. Heart Rate Monitoring: Heart rate measurement is necessary for exercises to analyze whether you are pushing hard enough or not. It comes with heart rate monitoring built-in so you can check your heart rate in real-time without needing any extra strap.
4. Ticwear OS: Have you ever needed an eye-popping smartwatch operating system? Ticwear OS, created by Mobvoi, is the most unique and interactive operating system you can have for a smart wearable. It includes a set of necessary and frequently-used apps, along with their own app store to host a thousand more.
5. Voice Commands: Mobvoi made a great attempt to provide a hands-free experience with the Ticwatch 2. It supports voice commands for different tasks along with a built-in speaker to talk from a distance. You can use gestures to start voice interaction and do your work while your hands are busy.
6. Music without Phone: Music without needing a phone? No problem! This smartwatch has 4GB of storage to store your songs locally on the device and play without the need for a phone. You just need to sync your phone’s music once with the watch to save them locally on the device.
7. Tickle: Smartwatches are meant to have a smooth touchscreen with a beautiful interface, right? The Ticwatch 2 won’t let you down, in fact, it has an innovative side touch strip called “Tickle”. You can scroll up/down or zoom in/out in the watch by sliding your finger along with the side touch panel.
8. Gesture Support: You can use different gestures to command the device like dim the watch with a press of your palm, flip the watch to make or answer a phone call or knock it twice to shuffle songs.
9. Calls & Notifications: It is capable of making calls using the connected phone or send real-time notifications from the phone to a watch just like a normal phone notifier.
Battery & Compatibility
Although Ticwatch 2 offers interesting features and performance, the battery life is not great. This is the only complaint we have with this product.
For general use, the battery can last for a full day. If you decide to limit GPS usage, it can last as long as a day and a half on its 300mAh battery. The battery is weak when compared to its configuration and the battery life can be more or less based on your usage.
Charging has been made easy with the wireless fast charging technology called “TiCharge”. You can charge the smartwatch from zero to full in less than 80 minutes using the dock provided.
This smartwatch is compatible with phones featuring Android 4.3+ or iOS 8.0+. So compatibility won’t be an issue for your up-to-date phones.
**Looking for a versatile smartwatch for women? Check out our top picks in this detailed review here!!!**
Is the Ticwatch 2 Powerful in its Price Range?
If your search is for a unique substitute for an Android Wear or normal smartwatch, the Ticwatch 2 comes right into focus. Mobvoi made this smartwatch really powerful and full of amazing features but affordable at the same time.
In comparison with other watches in this price range, it really is leagues ahead in certain areas, but it also has some noticeable flaws.
The hardware, internal storage of 4GB and Tickle side touchpad are some of the features that make this product unique and set it apart from others ding the same boring things.
On the other side, it doesn’t have sleep monitoring and the battery is weak in contrast to the hardware and sensors.
Overall, Ticwatch 2 is great and you won’t find any more unique smartwatches in its price bracket. It’s just not perfect. It’ll impress your mates for sure, but that battery life might get on your nerves.